Burnt Waffles has traded up!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://bwaffles.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Mellon Collie and Infinite Ego


To continue in the cruising vibe of the last few posts I thought I would pop up two tracks I have been chilling too - the first comes from a sweet new Smashing Pumpkins EP titled American Gothic which sees the band exploring their more relaxed side (hence the post title). While it still irks me that there is only two of their original members and Corgan's overdubs are all pervasive their is no denying the quality of this handful of tunes.

Smashing Pumpkins - Sunkissed (from the American Gothic EP)

Hot Chip look set to have another cracking year with the release of their third album - Made in the Dark. I have been lucky enough to wrap my ears around a promo of the new LP and am already tipping it as one of my albums of the year - while it may not have a killer smash in the vein of 'Over and Over' the diversity and slight touches of pop and humor make it an album to watch out for. In the mean time they have been hard at work creating remixes for all sorts, touring Oz twice last year and knocking out a sweet Essential Mix (which can still be streamed here for a limited time). One of the stand out track on said Essential Mix is their reworking of a Matthew Dear track which I can seem to get out of my head. An oldie but a goodie.

Matthew Dear - Don and Sherri (Hot Chip version)

In regards to the picture at the top of this post Mr West was the first person that came up when I googled the word ego. Honest.

No comments: